Last Updated: Oct 17, 2012
- Purdue University's Online Writing Lab
This helpful resource takes you completely through the writing process and includes solid information on how to develop effective writing skills, such as tips on how to develop a thesis statement, how to write effective essays, and help with rules of grammar and punctuation.
- LILO - Learning Information Literacy Online
LILO is a tutorial used throughout the UH System. It is designed to help students develop college level research skills in 6 interactive modules:
1. The Research Process
2. Understanding Your Assignment
3. Search Strategies
5. Evaluating Resources
6. Using Resources
- Evaluating Information Found on the Internet
From Johns Hopkins University, this guide provides an in-depth examination of evaluation criteria.
- Research and Documentation Online
Very useful information for finding, evaluating and citing information by subject or academic discipline: art, literature, philosophy, religion, world history, American history, anthropology, psychology, sociology, biology, physics, nursing, business, and many more.
- How to Prepare an Annotated Bibliography
From Cornell University, this page explains the structure and content of annotated bibliographies.
- Avoiding Plagiarism Tutorial
From Leeward Community College.