By signing into OneSearch, you will be able to:
- Access all of the subscription databases that require UH logins.
- Save searches.
- Save search results to custom e-shelf folders
- Set up search alerts.
How to sign into OneSearch:
- You must be a current UH student, faculty or staff member
- Click on Sign In in the upper right corner.
- If using a public computer, remember to click Sign Out to prevent unauthorized access to your account.
What is OneSearch
OneSearch is a new search tool that allows simultaneous searching of books, journal and newspapers articles, media and other resources in one simple interface.
The OneSearch tab searches everything in the UH System in one step: books, articles, videos, maps, government documents, and local databases.
The Books tab searches only the UH Voyager Catalog, which includes books, e-books, video titles, maps and government documents.
The Articles tab searches the Kauai CC subscription (all EBSCO databases, Congressional Researcher, Science Direct) and open access databases.
The Advanced Search screen offers drop down boxes to limit searches by author, title, subject, material type and publication year.
This is a beta version, which means we are still in the testing phase, so please let us know of errors, problems, etc.
What is E-Shelf?
E-Shelf allows you to:
- Save and organize items permanently in named folders
- Save search queries
- Write notes about the materials for your own use
Save to E-Shelf by:
- Checking the box to the left of the title, then
- Clicking on the E-Shelf link at the upper right hand corner of the OneSearch page
Remember, you need to sign into OneSearch to save items permanently.