Last Updated: May 2, 2017
The Library offers access to both print and electronic newspapers. Our current print newspapers include:
- The Honolulu Star-Advertiser
- The Garden Island
- Hawaii Herald
- Pacific Business News
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- New York Times (Sunday edition only).
Online access to newspapers is available through the databases and links featured in the Hawaii Newspapers and the U.S. and Global Newspapers boxes on this guide.
The student newspaper of Kauai Community College
- Garden Island Newspaper
To search for past articles, click on the link, "Search Archives" on the navigation bar at the top of the screen.
- The Garden Island Newspaper 1911 - 1926
Full text of the newspaper from the Chronicling America's Historic Newspapers digital project from the Library of Congress and the National Endowment for the Humanities.
- Honolulu Star Advertiser (current)
- Honolulu Star Advertiser, Honolulu Star Bulletin & Honolulu Advertiser (ProQuest Newpapers)
Full text for:
Honolulu Star Advertiser - June 7, 2010 to present
Honolulu Star Bulletin - March 18, 1996 to June 6, 2010
Honolulu Advertiser - November 30, 2002 to June 6, 2010
- Back Issues of the Honolulu Advertiser and Honolulu Star-Bulletin
Coverage for the Honolulu Advertiser:
March 15, 2001 - June 6, 2010
Coverage for the Honolulu Star-Bulletin:
March 18, 1996 - June 6, 2010
- Index to the Honolulu Advertiser and the Star-Bulletin from the Hawaii State Public Library, 1989-current
This is an index only, full text is not available through the database. Full-text of articles are available on microfilm or some articles can be accessed through the specific newspaper websites, through EBSCO's Newspaper Source, and through Google searches on article titles.
- Online Index to the Honolulu Star-Bulletin and the Honolulu Advertiser, 1929-1969
- Hawaii Tribune Herald (Hilo)
- Maui News
- Pacific Business News
- Civil Beat
Started in 2010, this online newspaper examines current political and social issues in Hawaii.
- EBSCO Newspaper Source
Offers selected full-text coverage of over 1,000 newspapers, including the Honolulu Advertiser (1 day delay), New York Times, Washington Post, and the San Francisco Chronicle. It also includes over 900,000 transcripts of major television and radio news broadcasts.
- International Print News Archives
Access to news articles in English from around the world.
- Foreign Language Newspapers
From MIT Libraries, this guide provides links to newspapers in French, Japanese, Spanish, Chinese, Russian, German, Italian and Portuguese.